We have comprehensive Laboratory Equipment in our Ware, Stevenage and Hoddesdon surgeries, including a full range of Idexx blood testing equipment and microscopes.
Blood analysing equipment for testing for:
- Kidney functioning
- Fungal and bacterial infection tests
- Microscopic examination for various parasites in blood, faeces or on the skin
- Tests for the feline leukaemia virus (FeLV), feline infectious peritonitis (FIP) and feline AIDS (FIV)
- Urine status and sediment
- Allergy testing and other diseases
Outpatient treatment and advice
- General examinations and treatment of dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, other small rodents, ferrets and birds
- Check ups for dogs and cats
- Inoculations for dogs, cats, rabbits and ferrets
- Health certificates and advice on foreign travel
- Advice on feeding puppies, overweight animals and rodents and in certain cases of illness (food allergies, diabetes, liver and kidney diseases)
Dental care and treatments
- Ultrasonic plaque removal, orthodontics and extractions
- Ultrasonic testing is a modern method of detecting certain diseases, tumours and pregnancy.
- X-ray examination to diagnose fractures, detect foreign bodies and internal diseases (bladder or kidney stones) and tumours
- We recommend neutering your pets unless you intend to breed from them. This prevents roaming, which can lead to fights and road accidents and prevents certain illnesses later in life.
- Soft tissue surgery, from cancer operations to stomach rotation and splenectomy